Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified operational leadership-oriented battery-technical executive to join our team. The ideal candidate must have the desire to work in a unique and flexible work environment with the willingness to apply their experience, battery technical expertise, and skills to support in leading the organization. They will directly handle the daily leadership of battery lab operations, technical programs, and will interact with all individuals in the organization, and externally with our clients and vendors.
The BIC offers competitive pay, paid holidays, incentive programs, health/dental/vision benefits, and a 401k.
// Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities: //
- Provide operational and technical guidance to the BIC business units (Advanced Battery/Cell Fabrication, Battery Test and Evaluation, Battery Training and Outreach)
- Support all necessary daily functions, change management, and risk management
- Review and approve project SOW’s, schedules, and associated articles
- Support individual business units with daily decisions (innovation, strategy, operations, efficiency, cost-optimization, safety, problem solving)
- Customer service in collaboration with project teams; including business development
- Support cash flow, forecasting, and quarterly reporting (direct for P&L)
- Support development of long-term technologies, strategies, and solutions
- Support of BIC outreach, technology, and member network events
- Ability to provide concise direction for a highly technical and diverse team in a complex fast- paced, fast-growth environment
- Direct technical support to clients on battery applications as necessary
// Education/Experience/Qualifications: //
- Engineering degree preferred and minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience with lithium and advanced batteries/battery systems. Battery and high technology manufacturing experience is ideal.
- Minimum 3 years previous Sr. Manager level or above leadership experience; Business Development experience preferred.
- Strong battery experience around lithium, lead-acid, among other technologies required.
- Strong ERP and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) experience required.
- Must possess excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, relational, and organizational skill sets.
- Strong industry references required
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management (Battery Preference): 3 years (Preferred)
- Advanced Battery (Lithium) or Battery Systems Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org