Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
Job Description: Entry Level Battery Scientist
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified, innovation-focused, research scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate must have the desire to work in a fast paced, flexible work environment with the willingness to apply their skills and expertise to all facets of the battery research and development process. The candidate will directly interface will all individuals in the organization as well as externally with our clients.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, this position involves close collaboration with engineers and scientists across the nation to support the commercialization of novel energy storage systems and solutions. On a daily basis, you will work with advanced/experimental materials (e.g. nano-particles, metal oxides, electrolytes, and polymers), inspect and prepare equipment, identify and address testing constraints, and examine data. The job entails hands-on work with electrodes starting from their powder components to building and testing cells. After training, in which you will receive broad experience across battery manufacturing processes, you will become a project lead of new research and development efforts. This position will directly impact the future of energy storage and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and reliable batteries.
- Research, design, and analyze advanced battery products through testing, validation, and reporting
- Interact directly with our customers to understand their needs and translate these into their products
- Provide direction for product development, material evaluations, and battery applications
- Develop technical expertise for the next generation of energy storage technologies
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deliverables within timeline and budgetary constraints
- Minimum of BS degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, or related STEM discipline
- Technical fundamentals in electrochemistry, thermodynamics, and transport phenomena
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skillsets
- Ability to apply research and statistical analysis techniques to make sound, data-driven conclusions
- M.S. in Materials Science with experimental lab experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a battery research laboratory/manufacturing facility either via industry experience or internships
- Working knowledge of electrochemical testing methods and lithium ion battery technology
- Understanding of fundamental material characterization techniques and systems engineering
- Hands on experience with powder processing, rheology, and formulation development
- Familiarity with Arbin Instruments, Equivalent Circuit Analysis, Excel VBA, and SQL
The BIC offers a phenomenal work environment and culture, with competitive compensation and benefits. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job, and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. BIC prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com